OSA PENINSULA COSTA RICA
Current Tourist Information from the Osa Peninsula
WHERE THE RAINFOREST MEETS THE OCEAN
TO THE NATURAL WORLD
SURROUNDED BY NATURAL ENERGY
FRESH WATER FRESH AIR
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
Discover the enchanting wonders of the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica, a premier destination for ecotourism and nature enthusiasts. Immerse yourself in the mesmerizing landscapes, secluded beaches, and rich biodiversity, including pristine primary rainforests and an array of freshwater and marine resources.
With its awe-inspiring beauty, the Osa Peninsula beckons travelers seeking an authentic and sustainable adventure. By embracing ecotourism, you become an integral part of the conservation efforts that safeguard this magical paradise for future generations. Come and experience the harmonious coexistence of wildlife and humans while contributing to the preservation of these natural treasures. Plan your unforgettable journey to the Osa Peninsula today and witness the harmony of nature at its finest.
RE-IMAGINE YOUR GETAWAY
AN ECO-ADVENTURE AWAITS
Unleash your adventurous spirit and embrace the wonders of EcoTourism in the captivating Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica. This remarkable destination is home to the magnificent Corcovado National Park, covering a sprawling two-thirds of the peninsula, nestled between the lush tropical fjord of Golfo Dulce and the vast expanse of the Pacific Ocean. Prepare to be enchanted by the region’s unparalleled biodiversity, providing a natural playground for exhilarating activities such as birding, wildlife photography, invigorating hikes, refreshing swims, and rejuvenating wellness retreats. Every step unveils hidden gems, waiting for intrepid explorers like you to discover.
The Osa Peninsula’s dedication to conservation has paved the way for the thriving growth of EcoLodges, which initially took root in the 1990s. Today, these sustainable accommodations are scattered throughout the area, ranging from rustic ecolodges nestled deep within the rainforest to luxurious resorts perched on pristine beaches and charming hotels in quaint villages. Whether you seek an intimate connection with nature or seek the comforts of a seaside retreat, the Osa Peninsula offers an array of lodging options catering to diverse preferences.
Make your way to the main village, Puerto Jimenez, located alongside the enchanting tropical fjord, Golfo Dulce. Within a convenient drive of less than six hours from San Jose or a swift 45-minute flight, you can swiftly immerse yourself in the spellbinding embrace of the Osa Peninsula’s magical natural world. Pack your bags, embark on a transformative journey, and be captivated by the untamed beauty of the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica.
YOUR NATURAL PLAYGROUND
Gaining knowledge about the Osa Peninsula before your arrival will significantly enhance your overall experience and benefits.
OSA PENINSULA COSTA RICA
A NATURAL STATE OF BEING
This Costa Rican peninsula is one of the most beautiful and vibrant regions of the country.
It is a perfect representation of the country’s mix of small towns, incredible lush nature, and beautiful beaches.
km's of remote beaches
Hidden Waterfalls and still counting
Osa Peninsula Costa Rica
Embrace responsible and sustainable travel as you set foot on the awe-inspiring Osa Peninsula. Prioritize the conservation of its pristine natural areas and uplift the well-being of local communities through your thoughtful choices. By doing so, you become an integral part of the movement to advance sustainable tourism on this enchanting Costa Rican gem.
Make a positive impact by supporting companies and establishments that champion responsible tourism practices. Your conscious decisions will foster a harmonious coexistence between visitors and the abundant biodiversity of the Osa Peninsula. Together, we can preserve its breathtaking landscapes, protect the diverse wildlife, and ensure a bright and sustainable future for this mesmerizing destination.
Choose to be a responsible traveler, and let your journey leave behind a legacy of preservation, appreciation, and empowerment for the Osa Peninsula and its treasured inhabitants.
Choose to support “Responsible Tourism” on the Osa Peninsula with your travel choices.
If you happen to be unable to find what you seek on the OsaTourism website, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to help, and we'll go the extra mile to provide you with the assistance you need! Feel free to get in touch, and we'll do our utmost to assist you in any way possible.
THE OSA TOURIST INFORMATION CENTER
Up-To-Date Tourist Information from the Osa Peninsula
Stay updated with the latest specials from the mesmerizing Osa Peninsula by following Osa Tourism on Instagram!
TOP TEN THINGS TO EXPERIENCE ON THE OSA PENINSULA
1. Visit Corcovado National Park: The Park is one of the most biodiverse places on the planet and is home to a variety of wildlife, including jaguars, tapirs, and scarlet macaws.
2. Go Whale Watching: The Osa Peninsula is one of the best places in Costa Rica to go whale watching. You can spot humpback whales, pilot whales, and even orcas.
3. Explore the Beaches: The Osa Peninsula is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. From white sand beaches to black sand beaches, there is something for everyone.
4. Go Sport Fishing: The Osa Peninsula is a great place to go sport fishing. You can catch a variety of fish, including marlin, sailfish, and roosterfish.
5. Visit the Waterfalls: The Osa Peninsula is home to some of the most beautiful waterfalls in Costa Rica. From the majestic King Louis (Matapalo Waterfall) to the awesome Magical Mogos Waterfalls, there is something for everyone.
6. Go Bird Watching: The Osa Peninsula is home to a variety of birds, including toucans, parrots, and oropendolas.
7. Take a Boat Tour of the Golfo Dulce: Take a boat tour of the Osa Peninsula and explore the mangroves, islands, and beaches.
8. Go Kayaking: Kayaking is a great way to explore the Osa Peninsula. You can paddle through the mangroves and explore the islands.
9. Go Hiking: The Osa Peninsula is home to a variety of hiking trails, from easy to difficult. Explore the rainforest and spot a variety of wildlife.
10. Surfing: It is a great destination for surfers, with some of the best waves in the country. The waves here are suitable for all levels of surfers, from beginners to experienced surfers.